Sunday, April 20, 2008

Project 365

Over the weekend I saw someone participating in Project 365 on Flickr and wondered what it was. So I checked into it a little bit.

What they are asking is that for 365 days in a row you take one or more pictures and post one picture that represents that day. What they say you should look for are unique pictures so that when you look back on your collection of pictures it brings back the memory of that day. Here is a link to the actual project 365 on Flickr if you would like to check it out.

Now I though this sounded like a fun little thing to do, only one problems however. You see I was sitting here thinking what do I do. I eat, drink, sleep, shower, and go to work. Well sometimes I do go to the Detroit area to be with family and see what my niece is up to but that is it.

Well in truth I do have a rather boring life but I actually do more than I realize, at least I hope I do. People that do well at this also say it changes things for them. They carry a camera with them everywhere. They are always looking at something to see if they can see it in some different way. They also say they learned from others pictures they have posted and even got tips from people. It all sounds like an interesting thing and a fun way to promote photography. So I thought I would give it a try. Will I make it a day (well I have the picture for today), or a week, or a month, or will I go all the way? Time will tell.

I thought I would create a separate blog and cross post my pictures for anyone on Blogger if you are interested. Also you can go to my Flikr account or my Flickr 365 collectiion. Just look on the links on the side.

No comments: